We have partnered with a local Firearms Training Firm to offer the state required Utah Carry Permit Class to help you earn certification. Not sure what you need, or what it costs? We can explain what classes are right for you, what firearms trainings are required, and tell you more about our fees.
DATE: Offered multiple dates
Take a look at our offerings below and EMAIL US with questions!
Utah Carry Permit Class
The Utah Carry Permit is currently valid in over 30 States.
With this gun permit, Maryland residents can legally carry a gun when they travel outside of the state a Maryland.
The Utah Concealed Carry Permit is one of the most sought-after multi-state permits as its wide acceptance allows the permit-holder to carry a gun currently in 30 states, while at the same time remaining one of the most inexpensive permits to both acquire and maintain.
- The applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Has not been convicted of a felony.
- Has not been convicted of any crime of violence.
- Has not been convicted of any offense that COULD BE punishable by one (1) year in prison.
- Has not been convicted of any offense involving the use of alcohol; has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances.
- Has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpitude; has not been convicted of any offense involving domestic violence.
- Has not been adjudicated by a court of a state or of the United States as mentally incompetent, unless the adjudication has been withdrawn or reverse disqualified to purchase and possess a firearm pursuant to Section 76-10-503 and federal law.
- A criminal background check is conducted.
Included in Course:
- Firearm Laws Overview
- Home Firearm Safety Overview
- Handgun Mechanisms and Operation Overview
- Ammunition Type Overview
- Operation and Handling Demonstration Orientation
- Holster Selection Discussion
- Holster Drawer Demonstration
*NOT INCLUDED: $67.00 Utah Permit Fee & Postage; fingerprinting and background check costs*
**PLEASE NOTE: Utah’s Permit does NOT allow you to carry in Maryland State. You must have a valid Maryland Wear & Carry Gun Permit to carry a gun in Maryland**
Many people use the State of Maryland Criminal Justice Information Service located at:
6776 Reisterstown Road
(West side of Reisterstown Road Plaza Mall)
Suite 102 (first floor)
Baltimore, MD 21215
(for directions, go to http://www.mapquest.com)
CJIS also has a website listing other providers of fingerprint services on the following webpage http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/publicservs/fingerprint.shtml. Please note hours an prices vary.
How Much Does It Cost?
Acceptable methods of payment include Visa or MasterCard
Original/Initial – $50.00 – Fingerprint Fees not included
Renewal – $20.00 – Fingerprint not required